Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Boys Room

When we bought this home we were living in a rental and had a few months to fix up the home before we moved in.  My goal was to have the upstairs finished before we moved in.  That way we could relax upstairs, but also that is where most of the stuff is.  By having the bedrooms finished we would not have to move any beds, dressers, toys, or clothes.  It made everything really easy!  

So I started the upstairs with the Boys Room

I figured this would be the easiest room, I did not have huge plans for this room.




This was the blank slate I had after the carpet was removed!  


The ceiling is a fun unique shape


The boys room has a lot of doors!  They have a normal closet, a storage room that we finished and made their toy closet, and a side storage that we keep everything we did not want in the garage in!


The first thing I did was paint the ceiling, the ceilings in this home had not been painted in a long time and they needed to be refreshed.  I then painted the baseboards.  I picked a bright white for all the trim in our home, I wanted it to look crisp and clean! 

After that I painted the blue.  I wanted a grayish blue, and it is a neat color that changes with the lighting. it sometimes is really blue and sometimes grey.  It is Take Five from SW.


I only painted half the walls because I am going to add a chair rail and paint the bottom half white


The toy closet got painted all blue


Next the chair rail went up and everything got painted white


After painting the white the blue needed touched up then the room got cleaned out.


Finally time for the carpet!  The padding first


Then the carpet!  I LOVE how their room turned out
Simple but classy! Perfect for boys.


The walk in toy closet is so awesome!  


The boys had this corner that  needed something, and it was perfect for a built in desk.
I put up 1x1's to hold the desk. and painted everything white to blend.


I LOVE how the desk nook turned out.


The boys room is finished!

closet and storage


Desk area.


Their books, my boys love to read! 

My boys love their space!  It is a really good size room with lots of storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment